Legislative Vision & Goals
2024 is a golden opportunity. It’s an election year and all things political are center stage. It is a chance for us to capitalize on this perfect storm to let our community and our members know who we are and what we stand for as REALTORS®.
1. Make direct connections and build relationships with our candidates and elected officials.
2. Reach our members and connect with them in a meaningful way about the work that our committee, our local/state/national associations, and RPAC are doing on their behalf.
Q1. Candidate Questionnaires sent to all local candidates
Candidate forums- Cabarrus Co on Tuesday, Feb 20, and Stanly/Montgomery on Tuesday, February 27
Voter Registration event
Primary Election Day is Tuesday, March 5, 2024
Q2. RPAC Event- Cornhole Tournament
Legislative Days in Raleigh on June 4 & 5, 2024
Q3. Round 2 Questionnaires go out to General Election Candidates
CCAR Phone Bank
Q4. Finish RPAC Fundraising!
2024 NC REALTORS® PAC Initiatives:
- Legislation addressing Private Road Maintenance Agreements
- Funding and programming to assist in floodplain mapping and mitigation
- Legislative opportunities to address blight in communities, both of commercial and residential properties